Essential restoration works to St Benedict Biscop Anglican Church in Wombourne have been made possible thanks in part to a £20,000 grant from Ibstock Cory Environmental Trust.
The Grade II listed church serves the needs of a 16,000 strong community and is a landmark building within the Wombourne Conservation Area. Records show that there has been a church on the site for over 1000 years, although the present building is the result of various renovations and reconstructions.
The grant from ICET funded renovation work to the nave floor, which was showing signs of distress due to age and was no longer fit for purpose, with many uneven and broken tiles and worn surfaces posing a serious trip hazard.
Image: St Benedict Biscop Anglican Church