The Trustees welcome bids to help Enovert Community Trust meet its objectives to enhance and improve the environment for communities who live and work in the vicinity of a landfill site operated by Enovert Management Limited or close to waste facilities operated by the company.
The Trust is committed to supporting community and environmental projects, such as improving community halls, creating new children’s play areas, restoring green spaces and habitats, and enhancing community sports and recreation facilities. To ensure grants are distributed in line with our guidelines and those of the Trust’s regulator ENTRUST, you must ensure your project meets two main requirements:
- The project must fulfil one of Enovert Community Trust’s five funding categories
- It must be located within 10 miles of a landfill site operated by Enovert Management Limited, or within ten miles of a waste facility managed by the company
- In addition, the Trustees of ECT take into account environmental factors when reviewing applications. The threat from climate change is well documented. The Government has recognised this requires urgent action and measures are being introduced to significantly reduce carbon emissions. Going forward this will mean projects will need to be increasingly energy efficient and less reliant on fossil fuels, for example by moving away from installing gas boilers.
- As a distributor of funding, the Trust is keen to address the challenge of climate change and reflect the policy direction of the Government. As such, even where measures are not yet mandatory, we will look favourably on projects which integrate energy efficiency and renewable energy into the design. Examples include measures such as excellent insulation and the use of air or ground source heat pumps. We consider that energy efficient installations should be considered as part of a whole building approach if possible.
- Because of the large numbers of project applications ECT receives, our focus is on projects where there is a direct community benefit. Consequently we will not normally fund stand-alone projects such as the installation of solar panels which are not part of a bigger refurbishment or building project.
The deadlines for applications are:
- 17 June 22 for a meeting on 5 July 2022
- 9 September 22 for a meeting on 18 October 2022
- 9 December 2022 for a meeting in January 2023 (date tbc)